We were talking with Comwire IT the other day about our own IT setups and making everything simpler.
We agreed one of the best tools is Microsoft Teams.
It’s a software application to make your life so much easier in working with your often remote ‘team’? We love it and you will too.
It is built into Microsoft 365, formally Office 365, which most of us use (it’s in Microsoft Office Tools).
Microsoft Teams allows you to have a small window open on your desktop to send the equivalent of SMS messages rather than emails to your team members. So it is instantly visible and doesn’t require the formality of an email.
Think about these situations:
- You simply want to ask if the gardeners have arrived
- You have teams that may need to share or access resident or service provider contact lists when not onsite – send a Teams message
- You need to collaborate on the formulation of a policy or would benefit from sharing the same document management systems – chat back and forth
This can all be done simply with Teams.
Like all technologies, there are some additional really good things that can be done with Teams.
The best idea is to have a specialist come in and review your systems and get you ‘match fit’ with your technology.
We are now supporting Comwire IT because they specialise in our sector.
They understand that technology isn’t your core business – people are.
It’s the tips that can make a big difference on how software works. Here is a one or two that COMWIRE IT gave us for Teams:
· Creating a new line and bullet points in a chat message.
Need to create a new line of text in a Teams chat but getting frustrated when you hit the “return” key, it sends your message off to the recipient and you hadn’t finished your conversation?
Hold Shift key and press Return key, it will move you to a new line.
· Need to create a couple of bullet points in your chat?
Simple shortcut is hit the ‘hyphen / dash key’ and then hit the ‘space bar’
Check out Teams today – you won’t look back.
If you need someone to review your IT system to make your life easier, check out Comwire IT.