The transition from independent living to aged care can be a difficult and uncertain time in your residents’ life. You will be faced with many questions from their family and friends as well as the residents themselves:
- Mum isn’t coping on her own – what can be done to help?
- Judy hasn’t come to any activities for quite some time – is she ok?
- Asking the village team to help with the shopping
- Difficult behaviours
- Other residents’ concerns
- Your own observations
- Guilt, fear and time stress are the prevailing emotions.
As the Village Manager, you will be faced to having those hard conversations and, in some cases, dealing with.
Our sister DCM web site agedcare101.com.au is designed to educate and support all people about the late ageing journey.
One of the things we like most is this video, which explains the feeling of guilt, the time it takes to set up residential care and the essential Nine Steps. It’s called ‘Precious Time’.
Check it out and let your people know it is there. Over 60,000 people visit agedcare101.com.au every moth.